Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Top 5 News Sources

Instagram

Being a first year college student living in a dorm, I have limited access to news sources. I often look at Instagram pages to find global news as well as news in my state. One page I constantly look at for news in my state is Daily Voice New Jersey. They also have a website that is not included on Instagram if you do not have an account, which also has extensions of the stories they share on their Instagram.  

TikTok
Although TikTok is mainly used for entertainment and memes, some pages consist of news or funny political memes that help younger people understand situations. Of course some of them might be offensive to some, but I think humorous, short videos helps keep the attention of uninterested teenagers rather than watching the news or reading articles. Not only can you find news, but some posts I've seen are stories from women about sex trafficking schemes that help spread awareness of these situations and potentially save the lives of other women which I think is very important. 


Fox News

When at home, I usually watch Fox News with my family to get a lot of information. Of course, it is known to be more of a right wing source of news, but I like to look at both sides as there are different situation in which I agree with the right side, and other situations where I agree with the left. I like to stay informed on both sides and see how they compare. I generally find myself agreeing with the right side more often than the left, especially now, but I still use CNN to stay in touch with both sides of the scale when I can. 


CNN

CNN is usually my source of more left wing news. I don't watch it often, just sometimes when my family is watching it at home as I do not have access to such televised information at school. I know both Fox News and CNN have websites to look at, which I do occasionally, but I feel that watching the news is a lot more beneficial as I am actually interested and can pay better attention. I think on television, you can see certain emotions and examples that aren't there in text which makes all the difference. 


Snapchat

You might be wondering how an app used to send pictures to your friends could possibly share news, but there is a way. Snapchat features subscriptions to articles and videos that you may be interested in watching and so, I use it to read from sources like Daily Mail. Daily Mail features a lot of celebrity news and drama but it also goes into politics and current events as well. I like reading from Daily Mail because the stories are never too long and they use quotes and images that help you understand the situation and how people react to said events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO Part 2

  Net Neutrality      The term “ net neutrality ” was first created by Columbia Law School professor Tim Wu in 2002 in an essay based on the...